- our websites (the “Website”), located at www.qrcodelab.com and www.qrcodelab.app, and its subdomains; and
- the tools we provide you (the “Service”); and
1 Your Privacy
- The term “Personal Data” means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- The term “Usage Data” means data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself.
- The term “Cookies” means small pieces of data stored on a User’s device, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
- The term “Data Processors” or “Service Providers” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- The term “Data Subject” means any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- The term “Do Not Track” means a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. For information about Do Not Track, visit allaboutdnt.org.
- The term “User” means the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
- The term “Third party Cookies” means Cookies placed by our Service Providers.
3 Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service.
3.1 Types of Data Collected
- Personal Data: While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”).
In case you register as an individual, personally identifiable information include: Email address.
In case you register as a company, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, Name, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsuscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or choosing the proper settings in your account on the Website.
- freshdesk.com on domain bytecode.freshdesk.com
- paddle.com on domain www.qrcodelab.com
- freshdesk.com on domain bytecode.freshdesk.com
- Tracking Data: We use scripts to track and collect information to improve and analyze our Service. You can instruct your browser to refuse some or all scripts. However, if you block scripts, you may not be able to use all or some portions of our Service.
4 Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
5 Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
6 Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
7 Disclosure Of Data
We do not share your personal information outside of ByteCode SE except in certain circumstances, including:
- When our service providers are providing services on our behalf.
- To enforce our terms, agreements, policies or rules, to help protect the security, integrity and availability of our or another party’s products, systems and services; to exercise or protect the rights, property (including intellectual property), or safety of ByteCode SE, our users, or others.
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency); or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law (including in response to a lawful subpoena or other law enforcement request).
8 Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us.
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures that are designed to help protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time-to-time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technologies and methods.
Please be aware, though, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, nor do we guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, destroyed or used in an unauthorized manner.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on the Sites if a security breach occurs.
9 Privacy Shields
9.1 EU-US Privacy Shield And Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
9.1.1 Legal basis
ByteCode SE is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about each Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
In certain circumstances, ByteCode SE is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the U.S., EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
In certain situations, ByteCode SE may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
9.1.2 Additional Disclosures
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. We collect and use your information only where:
- we need it to provide or operate our Sites, including to provide customer support and process your orders, requests, questions and concerns;
- it satisfies another legitimate interest that is not overridden by your data protection interests, including:
- collecting product usage, analytics and performance data relating to our Sites, in order to maintain, analyze, develop, update, and improve our products and services;
- maintaining records of bugs, customer support requests and similar requests you file, and our response to these requests;
- detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our policies or applicable laws (such as fraud detection and prevention);
- maintaining corporate or business records consistent with our retention policies and applicable laws;
- protecting against activities that may threaten the security, integrity, or availability of our or another party’s products, systems, and services; and
- for marketing and selling our products and services, consistent with applicable laws.
9.2 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
9.2.1 Legal Basis
- We need to perform a contract with you.
- You have given us permission to do so.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights.
- For payment processing purposes.
- To comply with the law.
9.2.2 Your Data Protection Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. ByteCode SE aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification : you have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object : you have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction: you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where ByteCode SE relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
10 Do Not Track
At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals.
11 Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are GDPR compliant.
We do not use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website and Service.
11.2 Payments and Taxes
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services, in the form of Merchant of Records (“Reseller Provider”) for payment processing and tax collection.
12 Links To Other Sites
13 Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
15 Contact Us
You may contact the Company by using the Contact form on the site.